|Subject name:||Human Resources and Talent Management|
|Study:||Master in Business Administration|
|Four-month period:||First four-month period|
|Type of subject:||Compulsory|
Managing is a specific profession that requires a specific spirit, specific knowledge and specific attitudes. Managing is a profession that acts on a complex raw material, follows a precise work methodology and uses especially fragile tools. Managing is a universal profession, on which the success of organizations depends. We are in the era of change. Globalization opens borders, transforms mentalities and reinvents companies. The management of human resources is being configured as the key factor of differentiation in the competitive strategy of companies.
- CB6: Possess and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and / or application of ideas, often in a research context.
- CB7: That students know how to apply the knowledge acquired and their ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of study.
- CB8: That students are able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of making judgments based on information that, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- CB9: That students know how to communicate their conclusions and the knowledge and the reasons behind them to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way.
- CB10: That students have the learning skills that allow them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- CG4: That students know how to communicate their conclusions, present projects, results, plans, knowledge and the reasons behind them to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way.
- CG5: That students are able to integrate their knowledge of various functional areas of the company with generally incomplete or limited information of the company environment to make decisions and solve problems in complex and multidisciplinary situations.
- CE12: Understand the functional organization of the company. Interrelations between areas. Identify and understand the factors and dimensions that are part of the company at functional level and the characteristics of its administration system.
- CE26: Provide the student with team management techniques at the service of meeting specific business objectives and negotiation techniques.
- CE27: Develop and maintain the human talent in the organization, analyzing the instruments and the key procedures in the management of human resources.
- CE28: Techniques for the management of human teams for innovation and for the management of continuous change.
- CT4: Train the student with the knowledge and skills necessary to be able to carry out their professional performance in organizations with cultural diversity.
- CT8: Facilitate the process of student integration to the professional business world.
- CT9: Provide students with learning skills that allow them to continue studying autonomously.
The different tasks and activities programmed during the semester have been developed with the goal of adapting the learning process to the different capabilities, necessities and interests of the students.
The activities included in the subject are:
- Practical cases. Will provide the student with actual business situations that will need to analyse and, after that, make decisions, evaluate the consequences and alternatives. They will allow acquiring intellectual skills to face sudden situations or to plan action programs adapted to a changing environment where there is no math logic.
In the weekly program you can check when complete them and in the Virtual Classroom you will find all the information about how to develope them and how and when submit them.
- Participation in events. During the course you will be participating in different events. Some of those events are attendance to online classes, collaborative work.
These activities are combined with the following aspects:
- Personal Study
- Tutoring. he tutoring class can be implemented through different tools and means. During the course of the subject, the teacher-tutor plans the individual tutoring on specific days for the resolution of academic-oriented doubts through “Consultation sessions”. Supplementing these sessions, students have also available the “Ask your teacher” forum through which they can formulate questions and check the corresponding answers on general aspects of the subject. Due to the very nature of the media used, there are no fixed schedules for the students.
- Mandatory on-site final exam
The hours dedicated to each activity are detailed as follows:
|TRAINING ACTIVITIES||HOURS OF SUBJECT||% PRESENCE|
|Virtual sessions||15 horas||100%|
|Master classes||4 horas||0|
|Personal study of basic material||60 horas||0|
|Reading of complimentary material||32 horas||0|
|Realization of practical cases and self-evaluation tests||45 horas||0|
|Collaborative work (forums and/or discussion groups)||7 horas||0|
|Final on-site exam||1 horas||100%|
You can personalize your study plan choosing the type of activity that best matches your profile. The tutor will advise you and help you elaborate your study plan. S/he will always be available to guide throughout the course.
The section Basic Bibliography is essential for the course. If any document (reading, article,…) is not available in the virtual classroom, you will have to find it by other means: UNIR bookshop, virtual library…
The necessary texts for the study of this subject have been elaborated by UNIR and are available in a digital format to consult, download or print inthe virtual classroom.
- Alles, M. (2005). Desarrollo del talento humano: basado en competencias. Barcelona: Ediciones Granica.
- Alles, M. (2012). Social media y recursos humanos. Barcelona: Ediciones Granica.
- Alles, M. (2012). Las 50 herramientas de recursos humanos que todo profesional debe conocer. Barcelona: Ediciones Granica.
- Chiavenato, I. (2002). Gestión del Talento Humano. Colombia: McGraw Hill.
- Dolan, S., et al. (2007). La gestión de los recursos humanos. Cómo atraer, retener, y desarrollar con éxito el capital humano en tiempos de transformación. Madrid: McGraw-Hill.
- González, Á. L. (2017). Métodos de compensación basados en competencias (3ª ed.). Colombia: Editorial Universidad del Norte.
- Palomo, Mª. T. (2010). Gestión por competencias y talento. Madrid: ESIC Editorial.
- Puchol, L. (2005). Dirección y gestión de recursos humanos. Madrid: Ediciones Díaz de Santos.
The evaluation system is based on the following numerical chart:
|0 - 4, 9||Suspenso||(SS)|
|5,0 - 6,9||Aprobado||(AP)|
|7,0 - 8,9||Notable||(NT)|
|9,0 - 10||Sobresaliente||(SB)|
The grade is made up of two components:
The exam is done at the end of the four-month period and is ON-SITE and COMPULSORY. It comprises the 60% of the final grade and so that the grade obtained in this exam is added to the final grade it is obligatory to PASS it.
The continuous evaluation comprises the 40% of the final grade. This 40% of the final grade consists of the grades obtained in the different training activities carried out during the four-month period.
|EVALUATION SYSTEM||WEIGHTING min - max|
|Student participation (sessions, forums)||0% - 40%|
|Study cases||0% - 40%|
|Self-evaluation test||0% - 40%|
|On-site final exam||60% - 60%|
Studying online means you can organize your study as you wish, as long as you meet the due dates of the different assignments (activities, tasks and tests). In order to help you, we propose the following steps:
- From our online platform you will have access to each of the subjects you are enrolled. Apart from this, you can access to the Aula de información general. In this section, you have available all the documents on how to use the different tools included in the virtual classroom, how a subject is organized and you will also have the possibility to organize your study plan with the tutor.
- Do not forget to check the weekly program. You will see which part of the content of the course you have to work on every week.
- After knowing your work for the week, go to Units in your virtual classroom. There, you will have access to the study material (theory and practice) from the unit you need to study throughout the week.
- Begin with the reading of the Key ideas of the unit, they constitute the content of the unit and the basic material of study. Check also the In deep section which contains supplementary material.
- Devote some time when doing the Practical Cases and Test. In the subject Program we will detail which are the corresponding activities for each week.
- We strongly recommend to take part in the events of the course (On-site virtual classes, Trabajo colaborativo, etc.). To know the exact date for each one of these events you must visit the communication media on the Virtual Classroom. Your teacher and your tutor will inform of the subjects news.
In the Aula de información general of the master you will always find available the documentation where we explain how the units are structured and what you will be able to find in each one of its sections.
Remember that in the Aula de información general you can check how the different tools of the virtual classroom work: email, forum, online classes, sending the tasks, etc.
Please, take into account the following tips…
- Whatever you study plan is, go often to the virtual classroom so that you are always up to date about the course and you are in contact with your teacher and your tutor.
- Remember you are not alone: send an email to your tutor if you have any doubt. If you attend the online classes, you can also ask your teacher about the contents of the unit. Also, you can always write your doubts and questions about the contents in the Forum of each subject (Ask the teacher).
- Be active and participate! Whenever it is possible, attend the online classes and take part in the forums. The exchange of information, opinions, ideas and resources enrich us and the course.
- And, remember, you are studying online: your effort and perseverance are the key element to obtain good results. Don’t leave everything to the last minute!!!