|Subject name:||Final Master Project|
|Master's degree:||Master in Business Administration (MBA)|
|ECTS:||12||Type of subject:||Final Master Project|
The Final Master Project (TFM) involves the performance by students of a project in which they apply and develop the knowledge acquired in the lessons studied.
The TFM is a work done by the students that must be defended in public. It will be developed under the supervision of a director of TFM, whose function will be to guide its development and prepare the corresponding authorization prior to its defense.
The TFM allows the students to show in an integrated way training contents and the acquisition of the competences associated with the degree. The style used must be precise, clear and correct, making use of a technical language and keep to the subject of analysis.
- BC6: Possess and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and/or application of ideas, often in a research context.
- BC7: That students know how to apply the knowledge acquired and their ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of study.
- BC8: Students are able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgments based on information that was incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- BC9: That students know how to communicate their conclusions and the knowledge and ultimate reasons that sustain them to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way.
- BC10: That students have the learning skills that allow them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- GC1: Control and to integrate the techniques, instruments and methods of management needed in the development of the professional activity.
- GC2: Delve into the business management and into the different administration areas.
- GC3: Recognize and evaluate the impact of relevant variables to achieve the organizational objectives in business management.
- GC4: That the students can communicate their conclusions, present their projects, results, plans, the knowledge and the reasons that support them before a specialized or an ordinary public in a clear and in an ambiguity free manner.
- GC5: That the students are able to integrate their knowledge in the different working areas of the business with information, usually incomplete or limited, in the business environment in order to manage the decision making and troubleshooting processes through complex and multidisciplinary situations.
- SC12: Understand the functional organization of the business. Areas interrelation. Identify and understand the factors and dimensions that belongs to the functional part of the business, and the features of its administration system.
- SC18: Be able to search and structure the information from different sources, interpret the results obtained and elaborate commercial reports and marketing plans.
- SC29: Bring rationality and ethical and social responsibility commitment to business management. Understand the concept of corporate social responsibility.
- TC6: Communicate efficiently, in a structured and organized manner, the most relevant aspects of a project.
- TC8: Ease the process of transition to the business professional career.
- TC9: Provide the students with learning skills that will allow them to continue their studies in an autonomous manner.
Fill in the form that you have available in the virtual classroom, once you have seen the introduction session that you have available in the Virtual Sessions section.
The TFM do not have a fixed standard, they can vary in length and structure depending on the area of knowledge, the subject or the analysis techniques applied, although it is true that all are adjusted to a minimum and common content.Download the TFM structure of a project to implement new tools for digital transformation Download the TFM structure of a business project: traditional, start-up Download the TFM structure of an innovation project of a product, area or strategy Download the structure of the TFM of a transformation project of the different functional areas Download the TFM structure of a process improvement project
Requirements for the defense of the TFM:
- The student must have previously enrolled in the Final Master Project subject.
- The date of the defense will be between 30 and 90 business days from the date of submission of the TFM, once it is considered that the work is suitable for the defense.
- The TFM report must be submitted once in PDF format on time through the activity created for this purpose in the "Tasks" section of this classroom.
UNIR will publish the calendar and the cities where defense the TFM approximately 10 calendar days in advance regarding the indicated defense date.
The defense of the TFM before the examiners board will be carried out by the student, with an oral presentation of their main lines, within the maximum period established.
The student will have a maximum time of thirty (30) minutes in total to expose the essential elements of their work. The presentation will be done with the help of Power Point slides or equivalent programs. The student must adjust to the time available, exceeding the time will result in a penalty in the grade.
Next, the student will answer the questions raised by the board, which will have a maximum of fifteen (15) minutes for questions and clarifications.
In the case of group TFMs, the board will inform the students that the content and structure has already been assessed, and that in the act of defense only the oral presentation will be evaluated. In these cases, the thirty (30) minutes must be distributed equally among the students of the group. In the event that only one student attends the act of defense of group TFM, the presentation time will be a maximum of fifteen (15) minutes.
The Final Master Project is evaluated according to three aspects:
- Organization (20% of the grade): take into account the structure and organization of the Final Master Project.
- Oral presentation (30% of the grade): assess the clarity in the presentation, as well as the writing and the capacity for synthesis, analysis and response.
- Content (50% of the grade): the TFM's report and the supporting technical documentation will be taken as reference to check the validity of the presentation. The capacity of synthesis and the easy reading of it will be valued. The correctness and clarity of the expression, both written and graphic, will also be assessed.
The grade will be granted by a board of examiners. Once the defense is concluded, the board will deliberate on the grade privately.
The grade will be granted based on the numerical scale from 0 to 10, with a decimal, to which must be added the corresponding qualitative grade:
|0 - 4, 9||Suspenso||(SS)|
|5,0 - 6,9||Aprobado||(AP)|
|7,0 - 8,9||Notable||(NT)|
|9,0 - 10||Sobresaliente||(SB)|
The grade of “Matrícula de Honor" may be granted to those works that are specially highlighted.
Indications for the defense of the TFG/TFM. Professor Ignacio Ceballos.
Preparation of presentations. Professor Almudena Castellanos.